Our Business Broking
Our Business Broking team is a licensed, specialised division of Raine & Horne Commercial Northern Beaches.
It provides an unrivalled service to business owners in our region, which enables them to maximise the price of their business, whether it’s a leasehold business and a freehold going concern.
By attracting and retaining the very best business broking talent, we pride ourselves on understanding the seller’s objectives, while our commercial expertise enables us to review the profile of a business and market it accordingly.
Complete customer satisfaction
Our reputation is based on honesty and integrity and is linked to our long-term commitment to employing professionals with exceptional skills and business acumen.
This level of professionalism, coupled with our expanding market presence provides clients with the assurance that their interests are totally catered for when they take the decision to sell a business.
Every customer is treated with the utmost respect, and we pride ourselves on building trust and confidence with them, and developing a strong personal relationship.
Our 5-step approach to a successful business sale
We take a disciplined 5-step approach to achieving a successful business sale. The five steps include: an initial review; a bespoke marketing strategy; a streamlined buyer selection process; initial negotiation and monitoring; and negotiating the final selling price.
Step 1 - Initial review
At the initial review, we can:
- confirm the seller’s objectives
- review the business profile
- perform an initial business appraisal
- identify the seller’s actions, company accounts, lease and related documents
- confirm the seller’s cost and agree time scale
- determine a preliminary price range
- discuss promotion material and related advertising
- establish the sales process, including inspection and contact strategy.
Step 2 - Marketing the business
As part of a strategic marketing campaign, we can:
- prepare marketing material text
- build information packs
- monitor all enquiries and qualify buyers
- provide regular reporting during the marketing process
- create a buyer shortlist, interview and check buyer viability and sign non-disclosure agreements.
Step 3 - Select the buyers and negotiate
Identifying a suitable buyer is critical to the sales process. To ensure we find the right buyer, we can:
- assess factors including the buyer’s financial ability, time scale and commitment to the agreement
- negotiate letters of offer, sale agreements, and identify solicitors and accountants
- arrange and co-ordinate buyers inspections, meetings with sellers and landlords.
Step 4- Monitor the sale process
To ensure the sales process stays on track, we can:
- coordinate and monitor the contract process
- establish the sale and trust accounts.
Step 5 - Negotiating the purchase
At Raine & Horne Commercial Northern Beaches, our business brokers will guide our clients every step of the way. This includes:
- supporting the due diligence process
- conducting a satisfactory review of the business records to support the seller’s representations
- co-ordinating a trial period if required to verify takings in a high cash business
- identifying finance requirements and assisting where required
- reviewing lease conditions and staffing issues.
For a confidential discussion about your business, contact Tony Mathers from Raine & Horne Commercial Northern Beaches on:
M 0405 252 629